Canadian born Emilie has been a high level athlete most of her life. She is extremely passionate about inspiring people to reach their full physical and mental potential, while maintaining a perspective of sustainability and compassion.
From a young age, sport has been a dominant part of her life. At the age of 10 Emilie decided to take up speed skating on ice. Passionate and dedicated to the sport, she had a successful skating career that spanned a decade. Her hard work and focus was rewarded by competing 3 times in the World Junior Championships with a 5th place in 2003 as her best result. Emilie also won 5 medals (3 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze) at the 2003 Canada Winter Games and was nominated that year for best up and coming female athlete at Gala Sport Quebec.
Looking for a motivating new challenge, Emilie took up long distance running in June 2014 and completely caught the endurance bug. Since then, she has run many races of marathon distance and beyond and accumulated multiple top 4 finishes against competitive fields. She is currently training for her first 100km race and would one day love to compete in long distance triathlon as well. She believes without a doubt that her high raw vegan diet is making her a better athlete.
Emilie also credits her switch to a plant-based lifestyle for her healing from a long struggle with eating disorders. Through her own experience, knowledge and as a newly qualified raw chef, Emilie wants to inspire and empower others to gain self confidence and reconnect with their heart to find their true purpose.
- Co-founder of A.W.A.K.E Method
- Professional Plant-Based Certification - In progress (Rouxbe Cooking School)
- Fundamentals of Raw Cuisine - Level 1 (Matthew Kenney Culinary)
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition (T Colin Campbell Foundation)
- 12 years as a competitive athlete (short track speed skating – on ice) in Canada and Australia
- 5 years competitive track athlete (distances ranging 200m – 3000m)
- 2016 6th place overall women, Vibram 100km trail run - Hong Kong
- 2015 2nd place overall women, Northface100 Asia Pacific Series trail run - Singapore (50km)
- 2015 2nd place overall women, Roller Coaster trail (44km)
- 2015 4th place overall women, Two Bays ultramarathon trail (56km)
- 2015 4th place overall women, Northface Ultra World Tour series ultramarathon trail (50km)
- 2013 IFBB Bikini competitor
- Plantbuilt Team Member